Wednesday, June 8, 2011

the dreamer lives on


my dreams are inspired by the four corners of my small room. where there is just enough space for my bed and cabinet. the dreamer in me yearns to break free for this meak space cannot and will never contain the vast desires of my heart.

but 13 years had pass since my room and i had been introduced, and i am still trapped in this enclosed space. not that i hate to be here. there's comfort in hearing my air conditioning hum in the laziest afternoon while i lay on my bed and imagine that the stars align in the ceiling above me. but it is also here that i am reminded that it's still a long way to go. the process of chasing dreams should never stop. the dreamer needs to break free and chase after butterflies no matter how hard it is to catch one. i did that before. i can do it again.

my hands are small now, but it is not going to be like this for eternity. soon i would be able to hold the world and lay on greener grass and count the constellation of stars in the infinite skies.

No comments: